Sunday, April 22, 2012

Preparing for Baby ...

So far we have picked out and ordered baby girl's bedroom furniture and expect it to be delivered in the next month or so.  My friend Christie helped me with what seemed like the monumental task of picking out and committing to fabrics for her bedding to be made.  Hooray for finally making that decision and having that sent away to come back as her beautiful nursery bedding.  Thank you Lisa and Christie!!!

On March 3rd, Christie introduced me to my first Rhea Lana event .... and Whoa was that a ton of fun for this first time expectant mommy of a little girl!!  Rhea Lana is an enormous consignment event here in NWA that happens twice per year.  There are a ton of consigners that enter clothing for kids with heavy focus on all that baby and toddler.  Christie and I lucked out to be able to use my "expectant mommy" pass so we could begin the dig several hours earlier than the general public.  Hooray for that!  I learned the ways of pilfering through the never-ending racks of cute outfits and clothes to find the perfect little ensembles that came home to baby girl's closet.  I paid a few dollars for each piece of gently used or never used outfits and left with 42 pieces.  Job well done!!


Christie and I at Rhea Lana.  After the initial dig through the racks you sit on the floor and separate your large pile of treasures into what goes home with you and what has to stay ... so much fun!! 

Baby girl ... you may not have furniture, bedding or any necessities in your room ... but I have a jump start on your closet :)


A few of my favorites ...


These are your daddy's favorites ...

No comments:

Post a Comment